1. What did you do in 2014 that you'd never done before?
I have done it before, but not since 1989 - sat and passed a written exam (Book-keeping Level 1).
2. Did you keep your New Year resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I think I had a vague idea of exercising every day, even if only for five minutes, but those types of resolutions always fall by the wayside.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
There were babies aplenty on Facebook.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
Scotland, Gran Canaria, Spain.
6. What would you like to have in 2015 that you lacked in 2014?
A summer holiday (c.f. 2013).
7. What date from 2014 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
9. What was your biggest failure?
Would have been good to get more stories etc published.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
I have a cold, does that count?
11. What was the best thing you bought?
New TV, which has a voice operated remote control, so I can boss it around.
12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?
The Focus E15 women. The landlord of The Bell pub, Bath, who chucked out N Farage.
13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
UKIP. UKIP voters. UKIP supporters.
14. Where did most of your money go?
To Hackney council (council tax and service charge = almost £3K a year). Hackney Homes spent £6000 putting new doors on five sheds on our estate.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
16. What song will always remind you of 2014?
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
happier or sadder? thinner or fatter? richer or poorer?
Same. Maybe a few pounds lardier.
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Days out, weekends away.
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Work. Sitting on the 253 bus.
20. How did you spend Christmas?
21. How will you be spending New Year's Eve?
At the Buffalo Bar.
22. Did you fall in love in 2014?
23. How many one-night stands?
24. What was your favourite TV program(me)?
It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia.
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
I guess Farage has moved from contempt to hate.
26. What was the best book you read?
Lorrie Moore's Collected Stories.
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
28. What did you want and get?
To go to the cat cafe (my needs are simple).
29. What did you want and not get?
30. What was your favourite film of this year?
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Cat Cafe! 41.
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
More time off.
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2014?
34. What kept you sane?
The interwebz. Solipsism.
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
I still love Cillian Murphy, despite the awful Poiky Bloinders.
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
See 13. Also, the absolute nonsense over the white van man in Rochester.
38. Who was the best new person you met?
It was nice to re-meet Jeremy, whom I knew in a previous life in the north.
39. Did you meet anyone you only knew online?
Kevin & Lisa.
40. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2014
Illegitimi non carborundum.
41. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year
"There's a lot to be said for life long love and sex and security." - Donald In The Bushes With A Bag Of Glue - Ballboy.